Monday, April 21, 2014

Meet Our New Staff

Hello Friends,
The International Centre is always booming with a growing team that adds to the global flavour at Humber. What's new now, you may wonder?
Well, please put your hands together (if you can leave your gadget or keyboard just for a few seconds) to welcome our new team members.
Let's get to know these friendly faces!

Meet Natasha Haniff, International Enrolment Officer 

Year I joined Humber: 2000

The countries that have seen me
: British Virgin Islands, Greece, Guyana, Jamaica, United States


I can’t go without these cuisines
: Japanese, Indian, Thai.

What human qualities does Humber represent? Humber is friendly, forward thinking and connected.

Take my word
: Graduation day approaches quickly. Appreciate every day in the classroom and soak up the knowledge and experience you receive. It’s a time in your life when your mind is open to new ideas and you question everything. Education changes your life profoundly.



Meet Clarissa Scarelli-Wuertz, International Enrolment Officer


Year I joined Humber: 2013

The countries that have seen me:
USA, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Netherlands, England, Denmark, Norway, Czech Republic, Poland, Indonesia.

I can’t do without these cuisines:
Thai.


What human qualities does Humber College represent?

Humber College is very supportive. It does not matter what kind of challenge you have, there is always someone willing to help.

Take my word: Be prepared for the longest and coldest winter of your life in Toronto! Canadians help you take it as it is, not as hard as it seems to be. Enjoy as much as you can the opportunity to live in one of the most multicultural cities in the world and be open to make friends from other cultures and with different beliefs.

Meet Matthew McDonald, International Student Advisor

Year I joined Humber: 2013

The countries that have seen me:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Macedonia, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.

I can’t do without these cuisines: Korean, Thai, and Macedonian

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

Warmth and friendliness. As a recent newcomer to Humber, I can attest to how kind people have been and how quickly I was treated as “part of the family.”

Take my word:
Get outside of your comfort zone—socially, academically, culturally, geographically… Challenging yourself it the only way to grow. It won’t take long for you to get comfortable in your new Canadian home; that’s exactly when you need to resist the urge to get to comfortable and stop growing. 


Meet Daniella Cross, Manager, International Marketing & Communications

Year I joined Humber: 2014 (I was also a student at the University of Guelph-Humber from 2003-2007 in the Media Studies program)

The countries that have seen me:
I have travelled to almost 40 countries (on every continent except Antarctica and Australia): the USA, Bahamas, US Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, St Maarten, St. Lucia, Trinidad, Barbados, Guadeloupe, Domica, Martinique, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Grenada, Mexico, Venezuela, Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Canary Islands, Greece, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Sweden, Austria, Belgium, Turkey, Dubai, Morocco, Taiwan, and Japan.


I can’t go without these cuisines: I love Japanese, Mexican, and Italian but I’m always up for trying new things!



What human qualities does Humber College represent?

Drive, ambition, and innovation. I am inspired by the students at Humber and their desire to succeed and become leaders as global citizens.

Take my word
: Enjoy your adventure at Humber and make the most of your post-secondary experience! You will cherish the memories of the activities you participate in and the friendships you make could last a lifetime. Take risks, study hard, and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment