Friday, August 16, 2013

Introducing Kevin Marthinsen! - Study Abroad

By: Kevin Marthinsen, Humber's Study Abroad Student

Time always seems to pass slower when
you’re anticipating that big trip.

Though it might be fair to say, considering the type of weather we’ve had these past few months, it may also be considered blasphemy to say—I can’t wait for summer to be over.

It’s like that moment when you’re at a concert and the lights go down; you know that’s the cue for the show to start. Cue the excitement!

My destination in two weeks is Waterford, Ireland where I will be studying for one semester. I’m not new to Ireland, or the surrounding European countries I plan on visiting during my time abroad. I lived in England for seven years during my adolescence, and during that time was able to travel around much of Europe. The only issue is that most of those cultural experiences you hope to remember and appreciate, like gazing at the Mona Lisa or Venus de Milo at the Louvre, or the Colosseum in Rome, were lost on me at that age, as I was too busy chasing pigeons.

This time around we’re going to change all that, and if I have time, I’ll do some school work along the way, ha-ha, kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment