Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Meet Shelby Guertin: Study Abroad

By: Shelby Guertin, Humber's Study Abroad Student

My name is Shelby Guertin and I am going into my 3rd year at Humber College in the Bachelor of Commerce - Fashion Management program. I chose to study at Humber because it was the only school that offered a program that would provide me with the skills I needed in both the fashion world and the business one.

I'm so happy with my choice to study at Humber (see also "Humby") and would not want to go anywhere else...BESIDES SCOTLAND.

I've never been outside of North America which just adds to the excitement surrounding this exchange. Having the opportunity to learn about the fashion industry from the perspective of another part of the world is unreal! I can't wait to be totally overwhelmed with money I'm not familiar with, food I don't like and people I can't understand. Hopefully three Canadian girls can say "eh" enough to get their point across to everybody.

Which brings me to another one of the 5 millions reasons I'm excited to go to Scotland, and that is that I will be travelling with my two very best friends...ever. Brittany, Angela and I are all in the same year at school, and have probably annoyed at least half the people on campus with the fact that we're NEVER not together. We're always up to something silly and are just trying our best to make every day a good one! This is going to be such an epic journey for us, and only 3 weeks, 2 suitcases (hopefully!) and a relaxing 18-hour series of flights stand in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment