Monday, September 16, 2013

International Admissions Team

Meet Nora Komeng: International Recruitment Representative

Humber College and I have been together for: 9 years

The countries that have seen me: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Benin, the United States, and the Netherlands

I can’t do without these cuisines: Chinese

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Nora, Humber College is very rich and motherly. It has a lot of children of its own (Domestic students) and also the adopted ones (International students). It seems to always want more children to take care of.

Take my word: "Always check the weather  before stepping out since Canadian weather is sometimes unpredictable. You may want to keep a light jacket (Just in case)!"


Meet Shameeza Hack: International Recruitment Representative

Humber College and I have been together for: 12 years

The countries that have seen me: Italy, Switzerland, France, England, the United States, Guyana, Jamaica, Mexico, Cuba, Trinidad & Tobago

I can’t do without these cuisines: Thai, Italian, and Indian

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Shameeza, Humber College is caring and reliable when it comes to you and your education.

Take my word: "Make sure you get drunk at least once!"


Meet Donna Reid: International Recruitment Representative

Humber College and I have been together for: 34 year


The countries that have seen me: Aruba, the United States, St. Maarten, Samana Dominican, Mexico, St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico.

I can’t do without these cuisines: I like all food but I really enjoy Mexican and Indian food.

Take my word: "Have fun, get involved, meet new people, and study hard!"



Meet Gurjeet Sohi
: International Recruitment Representative


Humber College and I have been together for: 15years

The countries that have seen me: India, Tanzania, Kenya, and England


I can’t do without these cuisines: English

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Gurjeet, Humber College is welcoming. It gives that warm environment that brings everyone together and makes them feel safe and sound.

Take my word: "Definately come to the International Centre! Here, we can help you with everything you need. We will be glad to welcome you!"


Meet Thao Tran: International Recruitment Representative


Humber College and I have been together for: 5 years





The countries that have seen me: Vietnam and the United States

I can’t do without these cuisines: Vietnamese

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Tran, Humber College is flexible, respectful, understanding, and fair.

Take my word: "The students should have a clear idea of what they want to do and what they plan to achieve. It's exciting that they have the opportunity to travel to a new country and explore a new life. But, if they don't have an idea of what they're going to do, it's very easy to get out of track.



Meet Namki Kang: International Recruitment Representative

Humber College and I have been together for: 3 years

The countries that have seen me: Japan, Korea, and China
 
I can’t do without these cuisines: Vietnamese, Korean, and Jamaican


What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Namki, Humber is nurturing and firm- it keeps you on the right track!


Take my word: "Be international, open to new cultures. This country allows you to be!"



Meet Dianne Davies: International Office Clerk


Humber College and I have been together for: 12 years

The countries that have seen me: Caribbean Islands, China, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Venezuela, and the United States


I can’t do without these cuisines: Chinese and Indian

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Dianne, Humber is loving and caring. It is firm and strict to ensure your academic success. It gives you guidance and help for you to achieve your goal.


Take my word: "Coming to a new country can be a great experience, but it can pose many challenges too. Expect to face some culture shock here. The cost of studying and living abroad can be expensive. So be prepared."



Meet Elizabeth Iasci: International Office Clerk


Humber College and I have been together for: 1.5 years

The countries that have seen me: Mexico, Malta, the United States, Cuba, St. Martin, the Bahamas, the Dominican Republic

I can’t do without these cuisines: Italian


What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Elizabeth, Humber is outstanding at multi-tasking. In order to reach the standards of a Humber Grad, Humber must be organized, diligent, consistent, and emotinally and mentally strong, but also knows when to relax, dance, stretch, breathe, and restore oneself- which is why multi-tasking is Humber College's specialty.


Take my word: "Dare to be different, even though it may make you uncomfortable to go against the grain."



Meet Sania Josan: Junior Officer 

Humber College and I have been together for: 2 years

The countries that have seen me: India

 
I can’t do without these cuisines: Indian and Chinese


What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Sania, Humber College fits the phrase 'beauty with brains.' Both campuses are beautiful and eye soothing to everyone. Also, Humber has intelligent and smart faculty and management with successful students and is a reflection of Mother Nature that bestows warm reception to everyone.


Take my word: "Stop being under pressure to prove something. Take a long breath and just be you. Study and party hard!"




 

No comments:

Post a Comment