Monday, September 16, 2013

International Student Services Team

Meet Dalyce Newby: International Student Advisor

Humber College and I have been together for: 31 years

The countries that have seen me: Mexico, the United States, Jamaica, Switzerland, the Canary Islands, and Bermuda 

I can’t do without these cuisines: I don't have a favourite cuisine. I enjoy foods from most countries.

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Dalyce, Humber College is friendly, open, and welcoming.

Take my word:

"Study hard but take time to relax, have fun, and take in the sights. Get out of your comfort zone and meet new people.



Meet Matthew Keefe: International Student Advisor

Humber College and I have been together for: 8 years

The countries that have seen me: Barbados, Cuba, St. Lucia, the Dominican Republic, and the United States

I can’t do without these cuisines: Without question, Pad Thai and Chicken Wings!

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Matt, Humber is motherly- it teaches you to do things on your own, but is always there if you need her!

Take my word:

"When you hear of FREE food, make sure you're there!"



Meet Candace Brown: International Student Advisor

Humber College and I have been together for: 10 years

The countries that have seen me: Trinidad and Tobago, the United States, and Cuba

I can’t do without these cuisines: That's a very tough question...I love food so I can't choose just one. From my country of birth, I love: callaloo, oil down and doubles. Other dishes I love are lasagna, and BBQ chicken; the list could go on!

Take my word:

"Get out there, be yourself, get involved, get involved, get involved and get to know your campus community."


Meet Kristina Mathias: International Student Advisor

Humber College and I have been together for: 11 years

The countries that have seen me: Italy, the United States, Amsterdam, Vienna, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Switzerland, England, China, Macau, Japan, Thailand, Cuba, the Cayman Islands, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, and Aruba

I can’t do without these cuisines: I don't have one favourite cuisine. I prefer to try new things all the time.

What human qualities does Humber College represent?

According to Kristina, Humber is driven and friendly.

Take my word:

"Get involved as soon as you arrive at Humber. Join a team or a club, attend a workshop or event... remember that you can learn and have fun outside of the classroom."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment